Licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist
For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a healer. When I was young that meant being a medical doctor or chiropractor. Through my undergraduate training in Biology at the University of Virginia, I planned on going to medical school.
Through training in the martial arts and meditation, I was privileged to meet mentors who exposed me to new philosophies of and approaches to health and healing. This new path eventually led me to do my own research on acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine. The traditional view of the human being as an inseparable part of a natural world imbued with spirit and vitality drew me more deeply into the study of these ancient healing arts
I graduated from Bastyr University with a Master’s degree in Acupuncture and a Certification in Chinese Herbal Medicine in 2001 and 2002 respectively. In 2001-2002, I completed a year of Residency in Acupuncture at the Bastyr Center for Natural Health, the only program of it’s kind in the United States.
I have had the great fortune of meeting and studying under many instructors-Chinese, Japanese, American and more who have left a powerful impression on me and how I practice acupuncture. I continue to pursue continuing education opportunities, mentorships and the practice of meditation to become a more complete healer and human being.
Working at the Stram Center for Integrative Medicine has helped me to broaden my understanding of medicine in general through collaborative efforts with my colleagues, and most of all through my interactions with my clients, who have proved to be my greatest teachers.Experience:
- Certified in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Licensed Acupuncturist in New York and Vermont
- NCCAOM certified
- Memorial Sloan Kettering certified in Acupuncture for the Oncology Patient
- Completed a one-year acupuncture residency at the Bastyr Center for Natural Health in Seattle, Washington
- Certified in Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Attended the only acupuncture residency currently established in the United States
- Master’s of Science degree in acupuncture from Bastyr University, Seattle, Washington
- BA in Biology from the University of Virginia
- Community Acupuncture
- Needleless Acupuncture (non-insertion) for Children and Adults
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Chinese Herbs
- Tui Na
- Chinese Acupressure Massage
- Scenar Therapy
- NAET: Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique