What is Integrative Medicine?
Integrative Medicine is the blending of conventional medicine with holistic, complementary and alternative medicine. Integrative Medicine is defined as healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person – body, mind, heart and spirit – including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
Integrative Medicine Can Help To:
- Reduce reliance on pharmaceuticals
- Reduce instances of surgery
- Reduce hospital stays
- Reduce the number of physicians on your team
- Coordinate your care through one physician who oversees all physician interactions and drugs prescribed
- Create a more comprehensive management of chronic pain and disease
How Can An Integrative Medicine Approach Improve Your Health?
We practice a team consulting approach to your healthcare encompassing the best of all therapies available, both conventional and complementary —a truly integrated approach not found at any other medical facility. Even if you see just one of our practitioners, you can still benefit from the skill and knowledge of our entire staff.
Our practitioners spend time getting to know ou so we can provide the best possible care. We’ll talk with you at length about your health history and concerns, and the health goals you hope to achieve. Even after your office visit, we encourage continued communication. Integrative Medicine emphasizes the value of the therapeutic relationship between patient and practitioner.
Let us help you take charge of your health. Call today to make an appointment 518-689-2244 or learn about how our integrative medicine approach works.
Whether the goal is to lessen pain, find alternatives to prescription drugs, reduce stress, or if you are struggling with eating disorders, chronic illness or simply want to improve your quality of life, the Stram Center's individualized approach will help you take charge of your health.
We’re here for people who are:
- Looking to improve their health and quality of life through lifestyle changes that they can control, from nutrition and exercise to stress reduction
- Trying to manage chronic pain and/or illness and who wish to supplement their treatment with complementary therapies
- Concerned about the side effects from their medication—from Hormone Replacement Therapy and cholesterol management to high blood pressure
- Seeking sound medical advice regarding their diet and/or vitamins and herbal remedies that they are using
- Working to come back from an injury
- Looking for effective ways to stop smoking
- Struggling with eating disorders
- Dealing with symptoms of menopause
- Seeking help with coping, relaxing and enjoying life while dealing with chronic illness or depression
- Needing optimal immune support while undergoing cancer treatment therapy
- Dealing with infertility; having intrauterine implants, invitro-fertilization or other reproductive enhancing therapies
Let us help you take charge of your health. Call today to make an appointment 518-689-2244 or learn more about integrative medicine.