Integrative Medicine Blog
Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
This recipe feeds 4-6 people and is a delicious addition to any meal!
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 25 mins
Total time 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed (5-6 cups)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed (1 cup)
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
*optional toppings: pepitas and radish sprouts
- Heat coconut oil in a dutch oven or large stock pot over medium-low heat. Add onion to pot and cook until translucent (5-7 minutes).
- Add in the butternut squash, sweet potato, apple, vegetable broth, cinnamon, curry powder, ginger, and nutmeg. Gently stir.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are fork-tender. Turn off heat.
- Using an immersion blender, begin to pureé the soup, adding in the coconut milk and sea salt after a few minutes. (be patient as it will take 5-8 minutes to get your soup silky smooth depending on the strength of your immersion blender).
- Serve warm and topped with pepitas and radish sprouts, if desired.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.