Integrative Oncology*, IV Vitamin C, Herbal Supplement Therapies, Integrative Medicine, Lyme disease diagnosis and treatment
*Dr. Puc will also work with your primary conventional oncologist to assist in incorporating natural cancer therapies into your chemotherapy and/or radiation treatments.
As I journeyed through my 20 years as a medical oncologist/hematologist in private practice, I increasingly recognized the deficiencies of the purely disease-oriented approach followed in allopathic medicine, both in what patients expressed to me and in what I had experienced in this system of care.
In tandem, I struggled with maintaining my own life balance due to the intensity inherent in the job of being an oncologist. In seeking this balance, I was urged by a dear friend to consider healing through meditation and energy work, something my scientific mind had resisted.Through eventual acceptance and personal experience of these healing modalities, I underwent a true spiritual transformation that had awakened my being, and I excitedly wanted to share this new perspective with my patients.
I began studying about integrative therapies, and through the Scripps Clinic became boarded in integrative and holistic medicine by the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine (ABIHM). I began offering integrative oncology consultations for the patients in the Syracuse, New York practice I was in, Hematology Oncology Associates of Central NY. This included the use of nutritional supplements and, in some cases, high dose IV vitamin C.The great desire and need for this approach became readily apparent and the volume of patients requesting these consultations grew.
I was fortunate to have met Dr Ronald Stram at an integrative conference, and he encouraged me to embark on a two year fellowship training program in integrative medicine.I was privileged to become a Fellow of the Integrative Medicine Program developed and run by Dr Andrew Weil at the University of Arizona as part of the Spring 2016 graduating class.
I had visited The Stram Center and was extremely impressed by the dedication of all members to healing in a fashion that tends to the body, mind and spirit. Having subsequently realized that an integrative view of oncologic care had become my true passion, I knew that my path would shift to exclusively this approach. My vision is to be the bridge needed by patients between conventional oncology/medicine and more natural ways of healing. I am privileged and honored to have become a member of the unique Stram Center team, to provide compassionate care that focuses on whole person health and well-being.Experience:
- Physician partner/owner, Hematology-Oncology Associates of Central NY (1995-2015)
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine with Dr Andrew Weil, University of Arizona (Graduating class Spring 2016)
- Diplomate of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine (2010)
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians (2004)
- Board certified, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Hematology, American Board of Internal Medicine (1993, 1995, 1996)
- Fellow in Medical Oncology/Hematology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (1992-1995)
- Medical Internship/Residency Cornell University Medical Hospital/New York Hospital, NYC (1990-1992)
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NYC (1989)
- Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education (1987)
Preceptorship under ILADS supervision (2015)
- Internship under Dr. Richard Horrowitz for Lyme Disease treatment (2016)
- Integrative Oncology Consultation*
- Integrative Medicine Consultation
- Herbal Medicine and Supplementation therapy
- Holistic Medicine Consultation
- Lyme Disease diagnosis and treatment (ILADS trained)
- IV Vitamin C
*Dr. Puc will also work with your primary, conventional oncologist to assist in incorporating natural cancer therapies into your chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment plans
- Membership ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society)
- Society for Integrative Oncology
- Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)
“As you talk, so is your heart.”--Paracelsus