If you are making a new patient appointment, you will speak with our New Patient Navigator who will help to determine which of our services and practitioners are the best fit for you. Our goal is to help you form a successful partnership with your practitioner so that your health goals will be achieved. We will take the time to talk with you and help guide you to the right choice for your needs.
Our aim is to investigate the root cause of your symptoms and understand the road blocks you may have experienced to reaching optimal wellness.
-Our new patient navigator will take payment for a scheduling fee and electronic medical records generation and review, at the time you schedule your first medical appointment. This is not an additional charge for the cost of your initial appointment.
-This fee will be deducted from the cost of your new patient appointment.
-This fee is applicable for one rescheduled visit if you cannot keep your initial appointment. *See cancellation policy.
-This fee is not refundable.
Because all of our patients are important to us, we want to be of service to everyone’s needs, and respectfully require that the following time frame for changing appointments is adhered to. We appreciate your understanding.
If you cannot make an appointment:
- Please give 3 business days’ (prior to the day of your scheduled appointment) notice for cancellation by calling our office (not by portal messaging)
Please note the following policies:
- If you cannot cancel 3 business days or more in advance, you will be assessed a cancellation fee for follow up appointments or forfeit your initial scheduling fee
- This fee must be paid prior to rescheduling a new appointment
- Exceptions will be made for hazardous weather and unplanned emergencies
- For all urgent matters, if you are unable to reach us by phone, please call your local Urgent Care or Emergency department.
- Do not leave a message or send a secure message through our portal for urgent matters.
We offer our established patients the opportunity to communicate with our nursing staff via our secure messaging system through our electronic health record patient portal. If you are unable to access the patient portal, please call our front desk office to assist you. All medical questions transmitted through our messaging system will be discussed with your practitioner team. Please note the following policies:
- Please allow 48 business hours for a reply.
- If your health concerns require more than 3 messages in a given week, we ask that you call our office to schedule an appointment
- Please do not use the message exchange system for urgent matters. If you are unable to get through to our front desk or the office is closed, please contact your urgent care or emergency department.
- Lab and imaging results are not discussed via the message exchange system nor by phone. Lab results and subsequent treatment options are reviewed with you during an in person scheduled follow up appointment (or minimally, a scheduled phone consultation at the provider's discretion) If a lab or imaging result is urgent or acute in nature, we will contact you.
Our office is open Mondays – Fridays from 8am to 6pm (later if a class is scheduled)
Our phone hours of operation are Mondays – Fridays from 8:30am to 4pm
- Call 518.689.2244 to reach us
- Our fax number is 518-689-2081
The Stram Center does not accept or bill Insurance or Medicare. However, we will give you diagnostic codes so that you may submit your bills to your insurance company for potential reimbursement.
*MEDICARE: There are no out of network benefits for Medicare patients seeking consultations at the Stram Center. A Medicare mandated private contract must be signed in order for Medicare beneficiaries to be seen. Dr. Stram is opted out of Medicare
We use Labcorp and/or Quest for our clinical on-site lab work, along with various test kits. We cannot guarantee the cost of laboratory tests at the time of your appointment. Prior to your appointment, please check with your insurance company for individual coverage options for laboratory testing and your preferred laboratory. Our blood draw team will make every effort to send any blood work to the preferred lab.
For consultation services with the medical practitioners, your receipts will have the necessary information to process a reimbursement claim, which includes the diagnostic and procedure codes for you to submit to your insurance company.
*Please note, that naturopathic consultations in NY State are not covered by insurance as licensure of naturopaths in NY is still pending
*MEDICARE: There are no out of network benefits for Medicare patients seeking consultations at the Stram Center. A Medicare mandated private contract must be signed in order for Medicare beneficiaries to be seen at our office. Dr. Stram is opted out of Medicare.
Plan ahead for refilling your prescriptions; call the office five days in advance to renew your prescription or make your request through the patient portal, preferred. If you are unable to access the portal, please call our office and we will assist you.
Refills take at least 3 business days to process
- Please be sure to contact your pharmacy 5 days in advance of a prescription refill
- Prescription refills can be faxed to our office by your pharmacy
- Your nurse will consult with your practitioner to determine if continuation of your medication is indicated
- Refill requests are only for active patients (within 6 months of last appointment)
- If more than 6 months since last appointment, you must make a follow up appointment in order to renew prescriptions
-We accept cash, checks or credit cards (with the exception of American Express).
-Payment is due at the time of service.
-New patient scheduling fees and phone consultations must be pre-paid over the phone with a credit card.
Please make your request, for the following, at the time of your visit, or refer to the patient portal for forms. If you are unable to access the patient portal, please call our office for assistance:
- Medical records: allow at least two weeks after a signed written request, authorizing release of your medical information (we only send medical information originating from our office)
- Work or School Forms: allow two weeks for completion
- Disability & Social Security forms are complex and are completed for established, active patients only (within 3 months of an appointment) with adequate clinical history. Please allow 2-3 weeks for completion.