Medical massage therapy identifies the massage therapist as having more medical training and focuses the sessions more specifically. Medical massage therapy can utilize a combination of manual medicine techniques as described below to optimize the effectiveness of this mode of treatment.
Massage therapy offers the following benefits to patients:
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Nausea relief
- Relieves insomnia
- Relieves headaches
- Manages pain
- Reduces the need for medication
- Reduction of swelling
- Increases flexibility
- Softening of scar tissue
- Positive body awareness
Developed by Dr. John Upledger, D.O.
- Facilitates and balances the flow of cerebrospinal fluid using gentle hand-holds and manipulations of the torso, spine and cranium
- Directly effects the entire nervous system and promotes the parasympathetic response
- Offers the same benefits as massage, as well as stimulation of the immune system
- A manual technique that can be used when massage is contraindicated
Learn more about CranioSacral Therapy
Lymphatic Drainage Massage:
- Very light massage facilitating the flow of the lymph involving light, repetitive strokes of the skin
- Used to reduce swelling and edema
- Improves immune function
- Aides in enhancing soft tissue healing and reducing scar tissue after surgery
- Promotes parasympathetic response reducing stress and tension
Learn more about Lymphatic Drainage Massage
The Best Hands-On Massage Therapy Available
Our massage therapy at the Stram Center provides you with the highest trained medical massage therapy available.
Make an Appointment
Call The Center at 518.689.2244 to make an appointment Click Here to Contact Us by Email.