Yoga is recognized world wide as a leading system for establishing body, mind and breath integration. Working on the muscular-skeletal systems as well as the respiratory, circulatory, digestive and immune and nervous system, yoga can have great impact on the healing process in the "dis-ease" state.
Benefits of Yoga
- Increases flexibility, balance and strength
- Increases energy
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Reduces tension
- Releases stored stress
- Decreases stiffness
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves circulation
- Improves sleep
- Stretches & tones muscles
- Promotes a healthy back
- Decreases headaches
- Promotes weight loss
- Promotes self empowerment and personal growth
- Increases physical fitness
Yoga at The Center
Emphasizing the opening of the body through stretching and breath awareness, Yoga engages the healing process. By integrating the breath with body movements, or "poses", the mind becomes engaged with the body. Once the mind and body are working in unison, healing can begin.
Yoga Classes at the Center include:
- Body Awareness Meditation/Centering
- Breathing Exercises
- Asanas (postures)
- Point by point relaxation
- Suitable for beginners or students with some yoga experience
- One on One instruction available
Day After Day…
...and for at least 80% of each day, most of us usually move our bodies the same way. We end up carrying physical and emotional tension in the muscles that do not get utilized fully (usually the areas of our neck, shoulders and hips).
Yoga postures and stretches move those rarely used muscles, flushing the organs with fresh blood, energizing the lymphatic system, and releasing stored tension and stress.