Integrative Medicine Blog
“Fitting in Fitness”
With fitness, more doesn't always equal better. It's about quality, not quantity!
Since when did we start assigning time spent working out to successful results? This is a deep rooted fallacy in the fitness world - the more time you spend in the gym, the better you will look and feel -- False! As a matter of fact, it is quite the contrary. It is about the quality of your workouts, not the quantity. In actuality, workouts do not need to exceed 30 minutes if you are targeting the appropriate areas and are focusing your time appropriately.
As a health coach and fitness trainer of 15+ years, I quickly learned over my years of experience, that what my clients wanted - quick, focused workouts, is also what they needed! While any amount of exercise that you do is encouraged, there is nothing better or more effective than finding the right workout for you. Finding the "right" workout routine includes consideration of many factors: your fitness level, your goals, your schedule and your lifestyle. It is important to work in your workout without creating more stress.
Of course, as with any customized plan, there are always the basics - what you can do to best formulate your lifestyle to make time for fitness and be your best self. Here are a few of those tips:
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured in plants.
- Drink green tea and plenty of water.
- Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
- Don't waste your precious energy on issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you can't control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change - and you can be that catalyst for change.
It's time to enjoy your life and enjoy your workouts! Fitness should be fun, focused and fruitful. Just remember that you are in charge of your own personal destiny.